08. Mai 2024, 23:06:59 *
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
News: Das inoffizielle DAWN OF THE DEAD-Forum

Übersicht   Hilfe Suche Einloggen Registrieren  
Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  
Autor Thema: Vorab-Review auf IMDB  (Gelesen 2465 mal)
Doc_Foster
Global Moderator
Zombie

« am: 18. Juni 2005, 12:10:38 »

GAR's Masterpiece - Truly., 14 June 2005

Author: obiemookie from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

*** This comment may contain spoilers ***

Just got back from the "industry screening" of Land, with GAR in attendance (5 rows ahead of me).

Not to give out any spoilers, because I won't...but this film rocked. Does it have a different feel than Night, Dawn, and Day? Of course it does...why? Because of the fact that it's 2005, and movie making has changed over the course of the years. And also, this wasn't an independent film in the same way the other three were.

BUT, what they got away with, gore-wise, was absolutely incredible. My buddy and I were laughing with glee through the entire flick at all of the violence. Let me put all doubts to rest: This IS a George A Romero zombie film. This is NOT a rip-off...it's the real deal. Head shots, decapitations, zombie biting people with the typical fleshy ripping...intestines...the works. I was SHOCKED at the amount of gore they managed to get into the film. I spoke with the Production Manager after wards, and he assured me that the gore in the film is NOTHING compared to what's going to be on the DVD. Oh, and on the way out, I got to shake GAR's hand and tell him that this is an incredible film. Honestly, it's this generation's "Dawn". (And yes, that means it's more fast paced etc etc, which some purists might be ticked off about). And when I say this is this generation's "Dawn", I mean THIS is the zombie movie people will remember years from now. It totally blows the other recently released zombie flicks (including the Dawn remake) out of the water.

The acting was excellent all around...and I mean all around. There were no bad performances. Even Dennis Hopper and John Leguizamo, who both were put down on the message board for being in the film, were amazing. Hell, even the zombies kicked ass.

Anyway, that's all I'll say. You guys will either love it or hate it. I loved it.

Final word: Watch for the priest zombie. You'll know what I mean when you see it...hilarious. And watch for the arm scene...a hand upheld in a foggy mist...you'll understand when you see that too. Also, watch for the hilarious departure of two of Dennis Hopper's assistants...his personal assistant and his butler. LOL funny.

Dr. Tongue
Administrator
Shopping Mall Hero

Every dead body which is

« Antworten #1 am: 18. Juni 2005, 14:44:40 »

Ohh mann. Das hört sich ja genial. Die Zeit ist überreif für einen apokalyptischen Horror-Schocker.

cheers...Dr.Tongue

Every dead body that's not been exterminated
becomes one of them. It gets up and kills.
The people it kills get up and kill!
Square-01
Special Zombie
Shopping Mall Hero

DIE!

« Antworten #2 am: 18. Juni 2005, 20:09:41 »

Oh man, nach allem was unser Doc jetzt hier gepostet hat bin ich richtig heiß auf den Film. Gibts denn endlich auch einen dt. Kino-Start-Termin?

Gruß, Square

BEI DER MACHT VON GRAYSKULL....

CyRuZ
Global Moderator
Shopping Mall Hero

Misanthrop

« Antworten #3 am: 18. Juni 2005, 20:10:29 »

Schon lange, glaub das war am 4. August oder so.

Greetz CyRuZ

Amoebe
Global Moderator
Shopping Mall Hero

Splatterpunk

WWW E-Mail
« Antworten #4 am: 18. Juni 2005, 20:44:27 »

Lassen wir uns überraschen.
Ansehen werde ich ihn mir auf jeden Fall.

Gruß Amoebe

Ich bin ein potentieller Amokläufer, denn ich höre Heavy Metal, die Musik, die mit dem Teufel im Bunde steht, ich spiele gemeine Killerspiele, in denen die Feinde auch mal bluten, und ich sehe mir Kriegs- und Gewaltfilme an... Wann werde ich deportiert, kriege meine Nummer und darf mich anstellen?
CyRuZ
Global Moderator
Shopping Mall Hero

Misanthrop

« Antworten #5 am: 18. Juni 2005, 20:48:16 »

Würde auch sagen das wir erstmal die Bälle flachhalten sollen. Beim Dawn Remake war es anders rum. Jeder hat gemault und der Großteil war dann doch positiv überrascht. Wenn wir die Erwartungen jetzt so hoch schrauben werden wir nachher nur umso enttäuschter sein auch wenn er ganz gut sein sollte.

Gruß CyRuZ

Square-01
Special Zombie
Shopping Mall Hero

DIE!

« Antworten #6 am: 19. Juni 2005, 13:34:44 »

Zitat
CyRuZ schrieb am 18.06.2005 20:10[/i]
Schon lange, glaub das war am 4. August oder so.

Greetz CyRuZ

Hm, ist irgendwie an mir vorbei gegangen. Aber danke Cy!

Gruß, Square

BEI DER MACHT VON GRAYSKULL....

Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  

Gehe zu: