17. Mai 2024, 04:48:38 *
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
News: Das inoffizielle DAWN OF THE DEAD-Forum

Übersicht   Hilfe Suche Einloggen Registrieren  
Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  
Autor Thema: Zombie Diva  (Gelesen 1831 mal)
Gast
Gast
« am: 08. März 2007, 16:28:04 »

Hi,

I didn't want to hijack Len Barnhart's Reign of the Dead thread, and since I plan on sticking around for a little while I decided to start my own thread and let you guys know a little about myself!

QUOTE: by Foree
Zitat
welcome, zombiediva! where do you come from? where did you get the information about www.dotd.de or this forum?

I am a writer from New York City, in the united states of course, LOL! I am currently working on a book called No Redemption For The Dead. It is still a work in progress, about halfway finished and I'm hoping for major publication for this one. I have been promoting the story and myself for the past year and a half, attempting to drum up interest from publishers. I have been fairly successful with this. I have a large and ever growing underground fan base both here in the US, and in the UK, with a few fans also spread out in France, and Sweden. I am hoping to make my book available in several languages, as I know this is the path to true world domination, LOL! (Just kidding, but I would like to make it easier for those who have trouble reading english.)

You can preview the first 15 chapters (very rough draft) in my blog at:
www.myspace.com/noredemptionforthedead

I am a good friend of Len Barnhart, he has been mentoring me on writing and through him I met Lenny Lies. It has been lots of fun getting the opportunity to know so many interesting people, and I hope to meet and get to know many more of the Dawn of the Dead people! This is actually the reason why I stumbled upon this website. I was researching the other zombie actors, because I only knew the names of a few, and I happened to come across this site. I was completely unaware of this forum when I mentioned to Len Barnhart that I was checking this site out. He then informed me that he remembered that there was a thread here about his book Reign of the Dead. So, that's why you see that he added a couple of posts recently and I came in here too! I am not intimidated by the language barrier, as I see that a few of you here speak english, and honestly, I love my European friends and would like to make a few more here! I loved the film Outpost that you guys made, and I can see we have lots in common, so why not?

If you are curious about me, I am a woman, my nationality is French, Dutch, and Akwesasne Mohawk. I am a huge zombie fan, I love both zombie films and zombie books! I will be attending the Pittsburgh Comicon this April with Lenny Lies and Len Barnhart.
Here is what I look like:

Fraenklin
Administrator
Shopping Mall Hero

Chefschreiberling

« Antworten #1 am: 08. März 2007, 19:18:58 »

Hello Zombie Diva,

a warm welcome in our small, but international ( [1] ) community.

How long does it probably take to finish your book and do you have a publisher? Did you wrote something before and in the case of yes, where can I find it to read?

I've read Len's books and also the both scripts for the movie. I'm very impressed about the story of REIGN and I hope your story will be also this interesting.

By the way I contacted Lenny and sent him the email addresses he asked for.

Did you know my book "Dawn of the Dead - Anatomie einer Apokalypse"?

Best regards.

Grüezi,

Fraenklin [1]

Tot und beide Beine wech!!!
Gast
Gast
« Antworten #2 am: 08. März 2007, 19:54:44 »

I am not published yet, but have been in contact with a few that are interested in NRFTD. I've also recieved some interest in having my story turned into a screenplay, but right now I'm all about trying to get it finished. I hope that it will be up to everyone's standards regarding the gore factor, as well as making people feel a sense of dread and hopelessness throughout while they read it. I've been told that as one reads it, it plays out like a movie in one's mind. That is what I was going for. I like fast pacing, and lots of action, so I hope it meets people's expectations of what a true zombie story should be about.

I am a zombie purist. I don't mind zombies having a certain level of intelligence, but I like what Romero did with them. Mine are very similar. Slow shambling rotting corpses. I enjoyed the Dawn remake by Zack Snyder, but I think that the zombie films being offered today are more about action and less about the survivors and their constant struggle for survival. I don't care for too much CGI, explosions, fancy conspiracy theories, etc.

Just keep it plain and simple. With lots of blood and gore!

Are any of you guys attending the Pittsburgh Convention this year? I see you have last year. I'm going, and will be glad to post up pics when I return!

Oh, and Fraenklin, I'd be glad to check out your book! Where can I find it?
Gast
Gast
« Antworten #3 am: 12. März 2007, 16:48:25 »

I will check out that book, and when I return from the Comicon, I will post up some pics! Time is getting short, so it will be very soon, and I'm really looking forward to it!
Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  

Gehe zu: